Thursday, October 21, 2010

blogging on the go-go

Hello all, Im testing my ability (or my phones ability) to blog on the go. Last night I sat down with the full intention to write a blog, but the urge and inspiration soon disolved into an urgent need to sleep. Now however, im in the mood to blog (or rather, im in the mood for some caffeine fueld waffle) but im miles from my laptop - tis a very first world, modern conundrum "oh gollygolly i just want to share my innermost, totally unimportant thoughts with the world, but im not in reach of my computer!" *whips out mobile* Global tragedy ever so narrowly averted.  I cant hit enter for some reason, if you're wondering. I assume that means i should have got an iphone. then again, merely existing today is sufficient reason to *need* an iphone like your life depends upon it. So what am I doing miles from my computer? (yes it does occur on the odd occasion) Well don't worry, im not driving a car (id have to actually own one) I am on a train. and i will be untill my arse is so numb it might fall off. ill be on this train until the end of time, or for the next 50mins that it takes me to cross the city, and end up in rockingham. and it occured to me that if i was in germany or anywhere in europe, or even just probably the other side of this rather obese continent, 50mins on a train would take me from some inconsequential (but no doubt picturesque) town to a diff city, and maybe through 2 other cities on the way. but here in perth, it just gets me to the other side of town. such is the sprawl of this urban land, and the relative emptiness of its surrounds. still, a timely thought presents itself to me, were i in europe right now, 50 minutes on a train might carry me to paris, or even to my favourite city berlin b ut I wouldnt want to be there, because rockingham (which i could spend hours deriding) has one thing neither berlin or prague has - my girlfriend. (group sigh) and on that note, having gone of on a complete tangent and adequately waffled my way through 50 mins, i bid you farewell.

No comments: