Monday, August 3, 2009

Oh, and by the by...

I believe the world is still turning, but I have to admit I’m not 100% sure. Lately all I’ve really paid attention to is my own navel. I am that hooded figure staring blankly into the distance. I am that moping soul, wallowing in its own pitiful icky mess. I seek wisdom amongst prophets and wise men from across the ages, in dusty crumbling hardcover’s, on thin and crumbling paper. I peruse the words of literary genius’s and ponder the verses of the most dignified poets, but all the wisdom of the ages could not spare me from this most basic heartache. I live a life of monstrous highs and lows, and in the present tense my heart is so heavy it is as if it were my own cross to drag to my own crucifixion. When I entertain my split-personality, I stand apart from myself and laugh. Because in the end, it honestly really is funny, I assure you.

No comments: