Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Packing.

I’m taking flight again, channelling my inner migratory bird and fleeing to the great north and its rays of sun. In a way it’s the opposite direction to that which I want to be going, but all the same it’s suddenly hit me I’m going to leave the storms, cold and rain for a brief sojourn to sun, dirt and water. Bullshit will only get you so far, I’m not exactly sure how far, but probably far enough. At the moment however, I’m losing steam, I’m inspirationless and borderline brain dead. I’m hoping I’ll find something I’ve lost in a place I’ve never been to, I’m hoping at least the tinniest glimmer of inspiration returns to my mind, I’m hoping for that instant rejuvenation that one seeks ‘on holiday’. If all else fails I’ll get drunk. And sunburnt.

Tonight was the historically large $90 million lotto jackpot that had the whole country dreaming of what they would do if they won the big prize... The words on everyone’s lips? It would be nice. A big help. I considered myself lucky today when I found a new pencil on the ground, $90 million dollars? I could buy myself and the rest of Australia a friggin pencil. But the jackpot I’d really like to win is one particular heart. Yes, I’m that lame. It may be just as unlikely, but I’ve bought a ticket anyway. In a way I wish my heart would give up, its mad faith, like all faith but I’m praying, crossing my fingers and rearranging my furniture. If all else fails, I’ll get drunk.

Hat, towel, jandals, book, hairbrush, chess - I’m packing a bag and leaving my baggage behind. I’m going somewhere new, I feel it already, the wind in my hair, the sand at my feet, the emptiness of my wallet.. things are looking up. Yes indeed! Adieu cold wind, ciao grey cloud, please don’t follow me, take care Yellow Betty and send me fair weather Sky God...

And if all else fails.. well, you know.

No comments: